What are the strengths of your organization? If you were in charge of a similar organization, are there any thing you would do differently?
The
strengths of my organization:
1. There are six divisions of the office
and the responsibility of each division is very clear.
2. The SharePoint created by the IT
division make the work much more efficient and easy for every managers to track
their work process.
3. Since one of my organization’s main
tasks is collect property tax in the county, thus the quality of customer
service is so important for the office. They have a detailed service manual to
direct the cashiers how to offer a good service for the public.
If I was in
charge of a similar organization, I don’t think I will do something differently.
Since this is a government office, it is not easy to change the way they do or
how they operate. But if that is possible, I may want to change the decoration
of the office. I may let the office have more colors and make the office looks
full of vitality if I have the budget…
I love how you mentioned that you would change the colors and decorations of your office. Honestly sometimes it is the decorations and environment that can make the difference of a good and bad day. No one wants to go to work at a plain ugly desk. I am happy to hear that you feel that your office has so many strengths. The strengths that you listed are valuable and I can see why you feel that it does not need to be changed.
ReplyDeleteThat is the fun part of a government office, no color or fun! But really it would be nice if more workplaces allowed some personal decorations or 'flair' because even little things like that can improve the workplace experience.
ReplyDeleteAbby, it was a pleasure working with you this semester, and I wish you the best on your future endeavors!
ReplyDeleteThank you Josh, I am so glad have you during this internship program.
Delete