On May 25th,
I attended the career conference hold by ASU in downtown phoenix.
The first
thing I want to say is that I am so glad they had a photography service there
and finally I got an professional photo for my LinkedIn, although I am not
pretty in that photo.
There were
almost 50 organizations in that conference and most of them were government and
nonprofit organizations. Since my major is
public administration, it was really a good conference for me to have a talk
with the recruiter of those organizations. But as an international student, I
was a little disappointed because most of the organizations only open to U.S
citizens.
Anyway, this
career service afforded me a lot of career information and I think I will
definitely go again.
That LinkedIn head shot was a classic indeed. I got one too! It was a fun initiative :) As for going to career fairs, its def. good to keep an eye on upcoming ones. God bless our ASU for always keeping up updated and organizing these great events. Gluck!
ReplyDelete